Sunday, February 1, 2009

New project for Attenborough: doc on the sedimentary city of Lecce

Thats whats up, february, gliding along toward the big seventeen. saying it makes me shiver a little. all this year people see me and i guess im a huge and they see my five oclock blonde shadow, more of a five oclock glare, and their eyes go wide when they hear oh yes hes only sixteen.. well its time to face my years, though i feel for this past one i should be turning at least eighteen, because at least two yeras of life have been shoved in five months. five months. the halfway point people, the PNR, so to speak. my little jaunt in matera caused a bit of afs trouble, they really do have spies everywhere, i dont even know how they aquire all their information. i think their are people who get paid off just to check up on us in random public places whenever we go out.
you cant trust ANYONE here. not in a sinister way of course, just live like youre saying everything directly to an afs volunteer. for all their italian lazyness, theyve got an eagle eye. so anyway, because of my mode of travel (a not so cleverly phrased misinterpretation of the parental accompanyment rule, in other words with erinn matthews) they made a big fuss and threatened to send my ass back home. so of course what would i do if i actually was going home? now that it hits me, im not actually ready yet. it would be like throwing a tadpole who has developed grotesque little rubbery legs straight into the rainforest. no way josè...
i do enough reminiscing for an old greek man, but my life here has realy got a hold on me, and im definitly not ready to abandon it. that, in my opinion, qualifies me as a successful exchange child. student doesnt really count, because it implies studying. and thats typical mr. raymond, what are you doing ?oh yeah, fantasizing about the future, the glorious things that are going to come after a year of skin toughening real life in the bosom of europe. as, before that, i dreamed of living here, so much better then my california life. i need a big slap, and well i guess the afs run -in was a series of baby slaps, at least ten of them though.
Very sick of the teachers, namely science and history, they have so much merda in their brains
its not worth talking about how unsuccessful they are at teaching and inspiring a thirst for knowledge in their pupils. But on the other side of the barbwire, all us chickens are united against these tyrants, and all we can do is suffer together, like POWS for five hours a day.
Big things have changed, time passes so slowly yet any time you care to look at the entirety of this year put up with everything after it, after im back in america, the year is sifting away.
i wish this school had theater, i would really like to stop being myself for a while.
speaking of theaters, the workers digging in the old apollo theater in lecce discovered a huge cavern underneath it, and concluded that there is an entire city under this one that over time has just been mushed down to new developments right on top of it. like a city sedimentary.

2 comments:

Baby Rave Snob said...

There, their, they're.

Their dog ran all the way over there and now they're really worried.

You're getting STUPIDER!

You're wonderful. And I know you're ready, my tad. We're not ready. But when we are--well, we'll probably never be, it will just happen and you'll be here--we will tear this city down. From the ground up. We'll crawl up it like spider monkeys and bring it crashing.

Baby Rave Snob said...

What I meant to say was, "I know you're not ready."